Title: Credit Controller
Industry: Commercial and Engineering Insurance
Location: East Rand
CREDITOR CONTROLLER required for a well-established insurance company based in the East Rand to maintain an effective and professional credit control system.
- Able to demonstrate experience within Credit Control in the Insurance Industry
- Computer literate
- Possess an advanced understanding of Word, Excel, Mail Merges and V-lookup functions.
- Must have the ability to prioritise
- Accuracy / high attention to detail
- Must be able to take initiative
- Must be able to identify and solve problems
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills essential, both written and verbal
- Strong diary and time management skills
- Meeting of deadlines
- Plan and initiate strategies for premium collections.
- Ensure that tight credit control is maintained on all outstanding insurance premiums through coordination of all collection activities:
- ensures prompt collections
- Correct payment allocations
- Account reconciliations
- Where required, initiate proceedings to ensure outstanding debts are bought to a satisfactory conclusion
- Conduct market surveys and identify changes in the insurance industry.
- Accuracy and high attention to detail.
- Monitors and controls the outstanding premium book.
- Compiles, disseminates and monitors implementation of collection policies, procedures and FSB regulations.
- Ensures that compliant brokers are loaded
- Analyze arrear premiums on monthly basis.
- To ensure strict and continuous follow-up of outstanding premiums.
- Regularly review non-performing brokers in terms of late payments and plans/strategies for recovery of those premiums.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Prepare operational analysis of monthly results and trends.
- Handling of queries and feedback to internal/external customers.
- Continuous improvement of service delivery in terms of service level agreements and optimize performance management.
- Develop relationships with clients and sales through on-going communication.
- Optimize business process efficiency
- FSB maintenance
- Ensure that the FSP is compliant in terms FAIS
- Carrying out of any other duty which may be required
- Intermediary Contracts
- Agency applications and ensuring all documents are up to date
- Basic salary negotiable (based upon experience and qualifications)