Title: Commercial Marketer – CAPE TOWN
Industry: Commercial and Engineering Insurance
Location: East Rand
COMMERCIAL MARKETER required for a well-established insurance company based in CAPE TOWN to provide quality underwriting outcomes for the Marketing function through effectively maintaining marketing standards and providing quality client and broker services while improving client base and income. Source a sustainable stream of potential business from brokers. Should have a proven track record.
- Must be fully FAIS compliant. (A tertiary degree would be advantageous.)
- 5 years’ Broker Consulting/Marketing experience with a proven track record. Proven track record in maintaining and building new relationships with intermediaries and industry bodies in short term insurance.
- Must be technically proficient.
- Must be able to sell.
- Must be able to analyse and assess risks.
- Must have attention to detail.
- Must be client focused and very service orientated.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have good negotiation skills including initiative.
- Must be a team player.
- Must have a drivers’ license and own car.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Product knowledge and knowledge of wordings
- Visit brokers to introduce the company and develop market presence and build relationships with a view to obtaining new business.
- Feedback on market intelligence including trends in respect of cover and rates.
- Respond to queries and resolve them satisfactorily within scope of authority.
- Prepare and attend meetings when necessary.
- Meet budget responsibility.
- Review and analyse new quote requests, follow-up and tracking.
- Ability to analyse complex quotes / renewals.
- Keeping up to date with internal processes and procedures as well as product development.
- Participating in proactive and vibrant sales and marketing initiatives – a GO GETTER.
- Maintaining of the appropriate underwriting rules and rating structures.
- Understand the product and underwriting needs of intermediaries and clients
- Basic salary negotiable (based upon experience and qualifications)